THE EQUAL PAY COALITION NYC
WHO WE ARE
The Equal Pay Coalition NYC (EPCNYC) is a consortium of civic organizations, advocates and experts working together for Pay Equity in New York.
EPCNYC was started by a committee of NYWA, a New York nonprofit charitable corporation, and developed as a response to growing concern and mounting evidence of the continuing economic discrimination suffered by New York’s women and minorities and their families. EPCNYC promotes policy and legislative action on all levels of government to create fair pay practices, and primarily focuses its efforts on NY State and NY City Pay Equity reform. This nonpartisan and nonprofit effort welcomes organizations and individuals who want to identify with this fair pay campaign and work together to further these goals.
WHAT WE DO
Some activities of EPCNYC:
- Organizes EQUAL PAY DAY NYC including rallies, press conferences, City Council hearings, forums and workshops. and sponsors forums like FAIR PAY: THE TIME IS NOW! with special guests; Lilly Ledbetter for Equal Pay Day NYC and MAKING EQUAL PAY A REALITY with Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
- Advocates for the NYS Fair Pay Act and NYC laws.
- Part of national effort to pass the Lilly Ledbetter Act which was signed
- Principal force behind NY City Council’s unanimous resolutions #896A and #1152 calling for passage of the NYS Fair Pay Act and federal laws, passed in June, 2008.
- Action alerts, hearings, letters to and meetings with key leaders, media outreach, & educational activities all promoting city, state, and federal fair pay policies.
- Resource to government and business.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Joining forces with EPCNYC by adding your voice to this growing campaign will lend credibility, enhance visibility, inform and broaden the reach of EPCNYC’s message. Coalition participants put into action the EPCNYC agenda, share information with their networks, and, are essential for strategy, expertise and information.
Become a member of EPCNYC’s growing list.
Join the Equal Pay Coalition NYC
Contact EPCNYC Director, Beverly Neufeld at email@example.com