THE EQUAL PAY COALITION NYC
WHO WE ARE
The Equal Pay Coalition NYC (EPCNYC) is a consortium of civic organizations, advocates, and experts working together for Pay Equity in New York.
EPCNYC is sponsored by NYWA, a New York non-profit charitable corporation, and developed as a response to growing concern and mounting evidence of the continuing economic discrimination suffered by New York’s women and minorities and their families. EPCNYC promotes policy and legislative action on all levels of government to create fair pay practices, and primarily focuses its efforts on NY State and NY City Pay Equity reform. This nonpartisan and nonprofit effort welcomes organizations and individuals who want to identify with this fair pay campaign and work together to further these goals.
WHAT WE DO
Some activities of EPCNYC:
- Organizes EQUAL PAY DAY NYC including rallies, press conferences, City Council hearings, forums, and workshops. and sponsors forums like FAIR PAY: THE TIME IS NOW!with special guests; Lilly Ledbetter for Equal Pay Day NYC and MAKING EQUAL PAY A REALITY with Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
- Advocates for the NYS Fair Pay Act and NYC laws.
- Part of national effort to pass the Lilly Ledbetter Act which was signed
- Principal force behind NY City Council’s unanimous resolutions #896A and #1152 calling for passage of the NYS Fair Pay Act and federal laws, passed in June 2008.
- Action alerts, hearings, letters to and meetings with key leaders, media outreach, & educational activities all promoting city, state, and federal fair pay policies.
- Resource to government and business.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Joining forces with EPCNYC by adding your voice to this growing campaign will lend credibility, enhance visibility, inform and broaden the reach of EPCNYC’s message. Coalition participants put into action the EPCNYC agenda, share information with their networks, and, are essential for strategy, expertise and information.
Become a member of EPC NYC’s growing list.
Join the Equal Pay Coalition NYC
Contact EPCNYC Director, Beverly Neufeld at email@example.com
THE NEW YORK WOMEN’S AGENDA (NYWA)
The New York Women’s Agenda (NYWA) is a coalition of women professionals, organizations, and community activists who support the diversity and interests of New York women through collaboration, advocacy, and education. NYWA’s members include community, religious, ethnic, and issue-based groups and professional association. Founded by the late Elinor Guggenheimer in 1992, it strives to bring these entities under one umbrella. Through NYWA, which is nonpartisan and nonprofit, these groups unite to work on issues of common interest and to advocate for public policy.